Some of the responsiblities of the City of Hallsville's Public Works Department are:
- All maintenance, repair and testing of water lines owned and operated by the City.
- All maintenance and repair of the sewage system.
- The repair, upgrade, cleaning and other maintenance of all buildings owned by or under the control of the City.
- The maintenance and repair of the City street system.
- The repair, upgrade and maintenance of the city park.
Dan McCaleb has been the Hallsville's Public Works Superintendent since July of 2005. Before he was hired as Superintendent, Dan served as a Public Works Assistant when he started working for the Hallsville Public Works Department in 2003. Dan also serves as the City's Building Inspector.
Christopher Lowhorn has been with the Hallsville Public Works Department as a Public Works Assistant since March 2016. Chris has both his Drinking Water Distribution II and Wastewater Treatment D Certifications.
Tyler Spears has been with the Hallsville Public Works Department as a Public Works Assistant since December 2018. Tyler has his Drinking Water Distribution II Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I call 1-800-DIG-RITE?
Safe Digging is No Accident. Electric, Gas, Water, Sewer, Telephone and Cable lines are buried everywhere and some are only an inch or two below the ground's surface. A job as small as planting a tree or installing a mailbox or fence can damage underground facilities. Anytime you are going to dig, call 1-800-DIG-RITE first!